The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Anguilla island attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
Long straight beaches dominate the coast of Anguilla island. Large spaces mean you can always find a comfortable place to relax. That is why travelers appreciate these places so much. One of the disadvantages of this type of beach is the scarce natural shade, so if you choose to relax on the wild part of the coast, be prepared to be alone with the scorching sun without the opportunity to take cover in a cool shade.
Most beaches of Anguilla island are located within the boundaries of settlements, so natural landscapes are not so frequent here. Lovers of beauty are better off focusing on studying the local traditional architecture and interesting features of life. But wherever you are, if you can get up early and see the morning sea, then a portion of beauty is always guaranteed to you.
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 19 beaches in the island.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Anguilla island.
The beaches of Anguilla island can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 6 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation.
For pet lovers, and even more so for dog owners, the first question always arises whether it is possible to take your pet to the beach since entry with it, in most cases, can be prohibited.
Anguilla island is an exception in this case, since on average there are more pet-friendly beaches than nearby island. According to our data there are 1 beach which have guaranteed access with pets, a full list of beaches can be found on this page. So you will be sure that you and your pet will have a great time under the gentle sun.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Anguilla island is the perfect place for you. More than 3 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Anguilla island may be the right choice for you, as there are over 2 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 4 beaches in Anguilla island can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Jacala beach, Shoal Bay beach.
As for the main features of the beaches of Anguilla island, they are as follows:
- The island's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 14.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Anguilla island is less than 500 meters. 18 beaches are relatively easy to access, and 1 beach are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
The vast majority of Anguilla island beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
Please note that lifeguards supervise 9 beaches in the island, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
There are few offers for accommodation in the beach area, so finding a suitable place to stay can be a problem. You can use the map search to get more information about this.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Anguilla island can be found relatively close to the beaches?” The total number is not very large, but this does not indicate a limited choice, rather the need for a more detailed research of the island. There are sure to be many more places to visit!
The hottest month of the island is September - air temperature during this time warms up to 28.7°C and water up to 29.5°C. The coldest month is March - air temperature drops to 25.5°C and water to 26.2°C. Air and water temperature allows you to relax comfortably in the island all year round, which is enjoyed by tourists and locals.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Anguilla island? In total there are 19 beaches and the most popular is Jacala beach.