The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent find sandy beaches of Barbados island attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
The coastline of Barbados island is primarily straight, with endless miles of beaches that have their charm, giving a feeling of absolute freedom. Many of them have a natural shade that saves in the midday heat.
Regarding location, Barbados island is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 42 beaches in the island.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Barbados island.
The beaches of Barbados island can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 15 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Barbados island is the perfect place for you. More than 13 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Surfing. There is probably no person in the world who has never seen these talented boys and girls riding the wave. Whether you are a professional surfer or just an athlete with a brave heart, the beaches of Barbados island will suit both of you, as this island is quite popular among surfers. There are about 8 beaches good suitable for surfing, choose carefully, don't miss the beach of your dream!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 11 beaches in Barbados island can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Brownes beach, Needhams Point beach.
As for the main features of the beaches of Barbados island, they are as follows:
- The island's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is fine sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is gentle, which is very good for kids. There are 34 such beaches.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Barbados island is less than 500 meters. 41 beaches are relatively easy to access, 1 beach are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance.
The vast majority of Barbados island beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
Please note that lifeguards supervise 20 beaches in the island, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Barbados island is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Barbados island can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the island is September - air temperature during this time warms up to 29.2°C and water up to 29.5°C. The coldest month is January - air temperature drops to 26.6°C and water to 27.1°C. Air and water temperature allows you to relax comfortably in the island all year round, which is enjoyed by tourists and locals.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Barbados island? In total there are 42 beaches and the most popular is Brownes beach.