The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Romania attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
Long straight beaches dominate the coast of Romania. Large spaces mean you can always find a comfortable place to relax. That is why travelers appreciate these places so much. One of the disadvantages of this type of beach is the scarce natural shade, so if you choose to relax on the wild part of the coast, be prepared to be alone with the scorching sun without the opportunity to take cover in a cool shade.
Regarding location, Romania is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 36 beaches in the country.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Romania.
The beaches of Romania can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 28 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation.
For pet lovers, and even more so for dog owners, the first question always arises whether it is possible to take your pet to the beach since entry with it, in most cases, can be prohibited.
Romania is an exception in this case, since on average there are more pet-friendly beaches than nearby country. According to our data there are 2 beaches which have guaranteed access with pets, a full list of beaches can be found on this page. So you will be sure that you and your pet will have a great time under the gentle sun.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Romania is the perfect place for you. More than 4 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Romania may be the right choice for you, as there are over 7 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 7 beaches in Romania can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Jupiter beach, Boeme beach.
Do you love an active lifestyle but would prefer something other than water activities? Then on the beaches of Romania you can actively spend time playing volleyball. Although this country does not have the privileged status of the volleyball capital of World, it may well compete for this title because there are about 21 beaches where you can play volleyball.
As for the main features of the beaches of Romania, they are as follows:
- The country's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is gentle, which is very good for kids. There are 30 such beaches.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Romania is less than 500 meters. 36 beaches are relatively easy to access.
The beaches in Romania are used mainly by beach clubs (resorts), usually open to everyone but for a fee. These establishments offer a full range of amenities with limited operational hours. At the same time, you can still find a wild beach, use our filter for this.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the country. There are such places near the 9 beaches of Romania. 5 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 4 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 30 beaches in the country, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Romania is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Romania can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
Do you know how many beaches there are in Romania? In total there are 36 beaches and the most popular is Kudos beach.