Sandy beaches, clear turquoise water and mountain landscapes - all this is magnificent Skikda. Mountains and sea - a powerful mixture that takes the breath away from even the most sophisticated traveler! Please don't say we didn't warn you!
The beaches of Skikda are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
Most beaches of Skikda are located within settlements, usually more accessible and well equipped, but less picturesque. The latter does not apply to Skikda because, despite a large number of city beaches, many still offer stunning views.
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 20 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Skikda.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Skikda is the perfect place for you. More than 6 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Skikda may be the right choice for you, as there are over 2 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 5 beaches in Skikda can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Shaty yn aldwlt, Grande Plage.
As for the main features of the beaches of Skikda, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 15.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Skikda is less than 500 meters. 17 beaches are relatively easy to access, 1 beach are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance, and 2 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
Wild beaches with no infrastructure dominate the coastline of Skikda however, even here you can find a beach with a standard set of accessories: sun beds, umbrellas, restaurants, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 4 beaches of Skikda. 3 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure.
Finding a restaurant in Skikda is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Skikda can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is agosto - air temperature during this time warms up to 27.5°C and water up to 27.1°C. The coldest month is enero - air temperature drops to 15.0°C and water to 15.8°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Skikda? In total there are 20 beaches and the most popular is Shaty yn aldwlt.