Pebbly beaches, clear turquoise water and mountain landscapes - all this is magnificent Vlore County. Mountains and sea - a powerful mixture that takes the breath away from even the most sophisticated traveler! Please don't say we didn't warn you!
The beaches of Vlore County are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
One of the interesting features of Vlore County is that most of its beaches are located away from the city's bustle, and many offer unforgettable views and magnificent seascapes. Maybe this This may not be the main factor determining the choice, but you must agree that getting a tan against an amazing landscape is much more pleasant!
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 87 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Vlore County.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- Snorkeling. For admirers of the inner beauty of coastal waters, it is essential to know that about 14 beaches in Albania that are popular with snorkelers, of which 14 beaches are in Vlore County. According to our users, the best locations are: Isole Gemelle beach, Pulebardha beach, Gjipe beach.
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 21 beaches in Vlore County can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Lukova beach, Isole Gemelle beach.
- Jumping. If your body needs a little adrenaline, jumping is a great solution, cooling the body and ardor. There are about 2 places in Vlore County that are popular with water jumpers. But be careful, this activity requires utmost skill and experience.
Do you love an active lifestyle but would prefer something other than water activities? Then on the beaches of Vlore County you can actively spend time playing volleyball. Although this region does not have the privileged status of the volleyball capital of Albania, it may well compete for this title because there are about 11 beaches where you can play volleyball.
As for the main features of the beaches of Vlore County, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly narrow, quite short and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is pebble of bright color.
- Since many beaches are pebbly, we recommend taking special shoes with you to avoid discomfort during your vacation.
- Usually, entry into the water is abrupt, so non-swimmers should be very careful. There are 49 such beaches out of 87 in the region.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Vlore County is less than 500 meters. 74 beaches are relatively easy to access, 3 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance, and 9 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
The beaches in Vlore County are used mainly by beach clubs (resorts), usually open to everyone but for a fee. These establishments offer a full range of amenities with limited operational hours. At the same time, you can still find a wild beach, use our filter for this.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 11 beaches of Vlore County. 3 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 8 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 50 beaches in the region, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Vlore County is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Vlore County can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is août - air temperature during this time warms up to 30.0°C and water up to 27.0°C. The coldest month is janvier - air temperature drops to 8.1°C and water to 16.4°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Vlore County? In total there are 87 beaches and the most popular is Lukova beach.