The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Varna attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
Long straight beaches dominate the coast of Varna. Large spaces mean you can always find a comfortable place to relax. That is why travelers appreciate these places so much. One of the disadvantages of this type of beach is the scarce natural shade, so if you choose to relax on the wild part of the coast, be prepared to be alone with the scorching sun without the opportunity to take cover in a cool shade.
Regarding location, Varna is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 29 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Varna.
The beaches of Varna can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 15 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation. So if you are interested in this type, you can also explore the beaches for the seniors in the entire beach map of Bulgaria.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Varna is the perfect place for you. More than 3 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Varna may be the right choice for you, as there are over 5 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
Do you love an active lifestyle but would prefer something other than water activities? Then on the beaches of Varna you can actively spend time playing volleyball. Although this region does not have the privileged status of the volleyball capital of Bulgaria, it may well compete for this title because there are about 16 beaches where you can play volleyball.
As for the main features of the beaches of Varna, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a medium level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 20.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Varna is less than 500 meters. 27 beaches are relatively easy to access, 2 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance.
The vast majority of Varna beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 6 beaches of Varna. 4 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 2 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 18 beaches in the region, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Varna is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Varna can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is août - air temperature during this time warms up to 26.4°C and water up to 25.7°C. The coldest month is janvier - air temperature drops to 6.8°C and water to 8.7°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Varna? In total there are 29 beaches and the most popular is Rappongi beach.