The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Var attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
The beaches of Var are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
Regarding location, Var is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 192 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Var.
For pet lovers, and even more so for dog owners, the first question always arises whether it is possible to take your pet to the beach since entry with it, in most cases, can be prohibited.
Var is an exception in this case, since on average there are more pet-friendly beaches than nearby region. According to our data there are 11 beaches which have guaranteed access with pets, a full list of beaches can be found on this page. So you will be sure that you and your pet will have a great time under the gentle sun.
Good news for those who like to merge with nature completely. Var offers 5 naturist (FKK) beaches , some of which are located in very secluded places. Such pearls can only be found by an advanced traveler, so for your confident navigation, we have prepared a list of them. Remember sunscreen, since most of beaches are completely natural, there is no infrastructure for several kilometers around.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Var is the perfect place for you. More than 45 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Var may be the right choice for you, as there are over 25 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 51 beaches in Var can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: La Faviere beach, Le Cavaliere beach.
As for the main features of the beaches of Var, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly narrow, quite short and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 123.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Var is less than 500 meters. 177 beaches are relatively easy to access, 13 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance, and 2 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
Wild beaches with no infrastructure dominate the coastline of Var however, even here you can find a beach with a standard set of accessories: sun beds, umbrellas, restaurants, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 16 beaches of Var. 6 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 10 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 24 beaches in the region, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Var is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Var can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is août - air temperature during this time warms up to 29.9°C and water up to 26.6°C. The coldest month is janvier - air temperature drops to 10.6°C and water to 14.6°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Var? In total there are 192 beaches and the most popular is La Faviere beach.