The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Khaet Preah Sihanouk attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
The coastline of Khaet Preah Sihanouk is primarily straight, with endless miles of beaches that have their charm, giving a feeling of absolute freedom. Many of them have a natural shade that saves in the midday heat.
Regarding location, Khaet Preah Sihanouk is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 39 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Khaet Preah Sihanouk.
The beaches of Khaet Preah Sihanouk can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 7 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation. So if you are interested in this type, you can also explore the beaches for the seniors in the entire beach map of Cambodia.
For pet lovers, and even more so for dog owners, the first question always arises whether it is possible to take your pet to the beach since entry with it, in most cases, can be prohibited.
Khaet Preah Sihanouk is an exception in this case, since on average there are more pet-friendly beaches than nearby region. According to our data there are 4 beaches which have guaranteed access with pets, a full list of beaches can be found on this page. So you will be sure that you and your pet will have a great time under the gentle sun.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Khaet Preah Sihanouk is the perfect place for you. More than 4 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Snorkeling. For admirers of the inner beauty of coastal waters, it is essential to know that about 4 beaches in Cambodia that are popular with snorkelers, of which 3 beaches are in Khaet Preah Sihanouk. According to our users, the best locations are: Lazy Beach, Tansor Beach, Panha camping beach.
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 12 beaches in Khaet Preah Sihanouk can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Sokha Beach, Otres Beach.
As for the main features of the beaches of Khaet Preah Sihanouk, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly narrow, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is gentle, which is very good for kids. There are 32 such beaches.
- An important clarification, 8 beaches in the region have a long intertidal zone, which means that during low tide hours you may have to travel a considerable distance. This is also something to consider if you don't want to suddenly be in the water at high tide.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Khaet Preah Sihanouk is less than 500 meters. 33 beaches are relatively easy to access, and 6 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
The vast majority of Khaet Preah Sihanouk beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
Please note that lifeguards supervise 7 beaches in the region, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
There are not many restaurants in Khaet Preah Sihanouk, so finding them can sometimes be difficult, especially near the beach. For more information, visit the page of the beach you are interested in.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Khaet Preah Sihanouk can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is Mai - air temperature during this time warms up to 30.5°C and water up to 31.3°C. The coldest month is Januar - air temperature drops to 27.8°C and water to 28.5°C. Air and water temperature allows you to relax comfortably in the region all year round, which is enjoyed by tourists and locals.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Khaet Preah Sihanouk? In total there are 39 beaches and the most popular is Sokha Beach.