At first glance, the diversity of the beaches of the Algiers does not have a prominent distinctive feature. There is no clear predominance of mountain landscapes or crystal sea, on the contrary, everything seems balanced. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why the flow of tourists continues to grow from year to year.
The beaches of Algiers are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
Regarding location, Algiers is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 15 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Algiers.
The beaches of Algiers can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 3 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation. So if you are interested in this type, you can also explore the beaches for the seniors in the entire beach map of Algeria.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Algiers is the perfect place for you. More than 3 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Algiers may be the right choice for you, as there are over 2 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
As for the main features of the beaches of Algiers, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 10.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Algiers is less than 500 meters. 15 beaches are relatively easy to access.
The vast majority of Algiers beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
Finding a restaurant in Algiers is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
There are few offers for accommodation in the beach area, so finding a suitable place to stay can be a problem. You can use the map search to get more information about this.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Algiers can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is agosto - air temperature during this time warms up to 31.0°C and water up to 26.1°C. The coldest month is enero - air temperature drops to 14.9°C and water to 15.6°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Algiers? In total there are 15 beaches and the most popular is Sables D'or beach.