The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Bouches-du-Rhone attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
The beaches of Bouches-du-Rhone are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
One of the interesting features of Bouches-du-Rhone is that most of its beaches are located away from the city's bustle, and many offer unforgettable views and magnificent seascapes. Maybe this This may not be the main factor determining the choice, but you must agree that getting a tan against an amazing landscape is much more pleasant!
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 56 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Bouches-du-Rhone.
Attraction and Infrastructure
Dozens of beaches in Bouches-du-Rhone attract every year not only relaxation lovers but also those travelers who prefer outdoor activities and, first of all kite surfers, snorkeling lovers, SUP boarders.
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Bouches-du-Rhone is the perfect place for you. More than 6 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Bouches-du-Rhone may be the right choice for you, as there are over 9 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Snorkeling. For admirers of the inner beauty of coastal waters, it is essential to know that about 121 beaches in France that are popular with snorkelers, of which 7 beaches are in Bouches-du-Rhone. According to our users, the best locations are: Sainte-Croix beach, Sauvage de Morgiou, Pointe de Figuerolles.
As for the main features of the beaches of Bouches-du-Rhone, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly wide, quite short and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 30.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Bouches-du-Rhone is less than 500 meters. 48 beaches are relatively easy to access, 6 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance, and 2 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
The vast majority of Bouches-du-Rhone beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 6 beaches of Bouches-du-Rhone. 4 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 2 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 10 beaches in the region, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Bouches-du-Rhone is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Bouches-du-Rhone can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is juillet - air temperature during this time warms up to 26.7°C and water up to 23.1°C in août. The coldest month is janvier - air temperature drops to 10.9°C and water to 14.3°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Bouches-du-Rhone? In total there are 56 beaches and the most popular is Verdon beach.