The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of United States attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
Long straight beaches dominate the coast of United States. Large spaces mean you can always find a comfortable place to relax. That is why travelers appreciate these places so much. One of the disadvantages of this type of beach is the scarce natural shade, so if you choose to relax on the wild part of the coast, be prepared to be alone with the scorching sun without the opportunity to take cover in a cool shade.
Most beaches of United States are located within the boundaries of settlements, so natural landscapes are not so frequent here. Lovers of beauty are better off focusing on studying the local traditional architecture and interesting features of life. But wherever you are, if you can get up early and see the morning sea, then a portion of beauty is always guaranteed to you.
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 1851 beaches in the country.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in United States.
The beaches of United States can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 278 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation.
For pet lovers, and even more so for dog owners, the first question always arises whether it is possible to take your pet to the beach since entry with it, in most cases, can be prohibited.
United States is an exception in this case, since on average there are more pet-friendly beaches than nearby country. According to our data there are 484 beaches which have guaranteed access with pets, a full list of beaches can be found on this page. So you will be sure that you and your pet will have a great time under the gentle sun.
Good news for those who like to merge with nature completely. United States offers 9 naturist (FKK) beaches , some of which are located in very secluded places. Such pearls can only be found by an advanced traveler, so for your confident navigation, we have prepared a list of them. Remember sunscreen, since most of beaches are completely natural, there is no infrastructure for several kilometers around.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, United States is the perfect place for you. More than 451 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Surfing. There is probably no person in the world who has never seen these talented boys and girls riding the wave. Whether you are a professional surfer or just an athlete with a brave heart, the beaches of United States will suit both of you, as this country is quite popular among surfers. There are about 529 beaches good suitable for surfing, choose carefully, don't miss the beach of your dream!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 384 beaches in United States can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Kahekili Beach, Tumon Beach.
For those who prefer football to water activities, United States can be a good choice, as there are several beaches with football fields nearby. You can kick the ball on 13 beaches.
As for the main features of the beaches of United States, they are as follows:
- The country's beaches are mainly wide, long and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 955.
- An important clarification, 343 beaches in the country have a long intertidal zone, which means that during low tide hours you may have to travel a considerable distance. This is also something to consider if you don't want to suddenly be in the water at high tide.
- The average distance from the road to beach in United States is less than 500 meters. 1760 beaches are relatively easy to access, 45 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance, and 38 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
Wild beaches with no infrastructure dominate the coastline of United States however, even here you can find a beach with a standard set of accessories: sun beds, umbrellas, restaurants, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the country. There are such places near the 154 beaches of United States. 44 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 110 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 722 beaches in the country, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
There are not many restaurants in United States, so finding them can sometimes be difficult, especially near the beach. For more information, visit the page of the beach you are interested in.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of United States can be found relatively close to the beaches?” The total number is not very large, but this does not indicate a limited choice, rather the need for a more detailed research of the country. There are sure to be many more places to visit!
Do you know how many beaches there are in United States? In total there are 1851 beaches and the most popular is Makena Beach.