Sandy beaches, clear turquoise water and mountain landscapes - all this is magnificent Bejaia. Mountains and sea - a powerful mixture that takes the breath away from even the most sophisticated traveler! Please don't say we didn't warn you!
The beaches of Bejaia are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
Regarding location, Bejaia is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 11 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Bejaia.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Bejaia is the perfect place for you. More than 3 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 4 beaches in Bejaia can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Tigremt Beach, Melbou.
As for the main features of the beaches of Bejaia, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly wide, long and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Since many beaches are sandy, we recommend taking special shoes with you to avoid discomfort during your vacation.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 10.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Bejaia is less than 500 meters. 11 beaches are relatively easy to access.
The vast majority of Bejaia beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 5 beaches of Bejaia. 4 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Finding a restaurant in Bejaia is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
There are few offers for accommodation in the beach area, so finding a suitable place to stay can be a problem. You can use the map search to get more information about this.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Bejaia can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is augustus - air temperature during this time warms up to 32.9°C and water up to 26.6°C. The coldest month is januari - air temperature drops to 14.0°C and water to 15.8°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Bejaia? In total there are 11 beaches and the most popular is Boulimat Plage.