The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Dobrich attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
Long straight beaches dominate the coast of Dobrich. Large spaces mean you can always find a comfortable place to relax. That is why travelers appreciate these places so much. One of the disadvantages of this type of beach is the scarce natural shade, so if you choose to relax on the wild part of the coast, be prepared to be alone with the scorching sun without the opportunity to take cover in a cool shade.
Most beaches of Dobrich are located within settlements, usually more accessible and well equipped, but less picturesque. The latter does not apply to Dobrich because, despite a large number of city beaches, many still offer stunning views.
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 22 beaches in the region.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Dobrich.
Also, the beaches of Dobrich can be a point of attraction for the young public of party-goers and lovers of noisy holidays. The number of such beaches is not very large, about 4, but some of them are well known.
Young people can have a great time at open beach parties, engage in outdoor activities or hang out in in bars and clubs within walking distance of the beach area.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Dobrich is the perfect place for you. More than 2 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Dobrich may be the right choice for you, as there are over 2 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 5 beaches in Dobrich can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Argata beach, Bendida beach.
As for the main features of the beaches of Dobrich, they are as follows:
- The region's beaches are mainly wide, quite short and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 17.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Dobrich is less than 500 meters. 21 beaches are relatively easy to access, 1 beach are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance.
Wild beaches with no infrastructure dominate the coastline of Dobrich however, even here you can find a beach with a standard set of accessories: sun beds, umbrellas, restaurants, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the region. There are such places near the 10 beaches of Dobrich. 6 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 4 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 14 beaches in the region, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Dobrich is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
Finding hotels in relative proximity to the beaches is usually fine. Many beaches have enough nearby accommodation, which gives good opportunities to choose the right place to stay.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Dobrich can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
The hottest month of the region is luglio - air temperature during this time warms up to 27.5°C and water up to 25.7°C in agosto. The coldest month is gennaio - air temperature drops to 6.0°C and water to 8.6°C.
Do you know how many beaches there are in Dobrich? In total there are 22 beaches and the most popular is Albena beach.