The gentle sea with the purest water and the magnificent sandy beaches of Cape Verde attract more and more tourists yearly. The crystal turquoise color of the seawater sets the level of your vacation somewhere between stunning and perfect. So if you are looking for the perfect sea, this is your place!
Long straight beaches dominate the coast of Cape Verde. Large spaces mean you can always find a comfortable place to relax. That is why travelers appreciate these places so much. One of the disadvantages of this type of beach is the scarce natural shade, so if you choose to relax on the wild part of the coast, be prepared to be alone with the scorching sun without the opportunity to take cover in a cool shade.
Most beaches of Cape Verde are located within the boundaries of settlements, so natural landscapes are not so frequent here. Lovers of beauty are better off focusing on studying the local traditional architecture and interesting features of life. But wherever you are, if you can get up early and see the morning sea, then a portion of beauty is always guaranteed to you.
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 62 beaches in the country.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Cape Verde.
The beaches of Cape Verde can be a good choice for senior travelers, as there are 16 beaches equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay for this group of travelers.
In most cases, older travelers are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and have high demands on infrastructure. This type of beach is the opposite of the party ones preferred by the younger generation.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Cape Verde may be the right choice for you, as there are over 17 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 4 beaches in Cape Verde can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Ponta Sino, Kite Beach, Praia das Dunas Beach.
- Diving. For explorers of the undersea world, the country can be a godsend, as there are about 4 beaches that are popular with divers. Unique underwater landscapes combined with flora and fauna will give divers a lot of positive emotions. Locals say that even a few sunken ships can be found in the waters of Cape Verde.
As for the main features of the beaches of Cape Verde, they are as follows:
- The country's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 47.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Cape Verde is less than 500 meters. 60 beaches are relatively easy to access, 2 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance.
Wild beaches with no infrastructure dominate the coastline of Cape Verde however, even here you can find a beach with a standard set of accessories: sun beds, umbrellas, restaurants, showers and toilets.
Please note that lifeguards supervise 15 beaches in the country, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Do you know how many beaches there are in Cape Verde? In total there are 62 beaches and the most popular is Ponta Sino, Kite Beach.