Sandy beaches, clear turquoise water and mountain landscapes - all this is magnificent Algeria. Mountains and sea - a powerful mixture that takes the breath away from even the most sophisticated traveler! Please don't say we didn't warn you!
The beaches of Algeria are mostly small and located in cozy bays. Some places have hard-to-reach bays of a bizarre shape, provoking active travelers to explore them. An important clarification - most beaches do not have natural shade, as the vegetation is either too small or completely absent, so do not forget your sun umbrella and protective products.
Regarding location, Algeria is dominated by beaches outside urban areas in a natural setting. They may not be convenient for all categories of travelers (you can use filtering by access type or audience), primarily due to possible access difficulties. But they always give you extra points due to the amazing natural views, so isn't that why most of us go to the beach?
Calm, measured rest and the sound of waves are perhaps the most common associations that arise with the word "beach". This is not surprising, as relaxation is exactly what many beach travelers are looking for. If you associate your vacation primarily with such activity, choose one of the 169 beaches in the country.
To make your choice easier, we have prepared a list of the best beaches for relaxation in Algeria.
Attraction and Infrastructure
So, let's see what activities you can do on the beaches:
- SUP is a relatively young sport that attracts more and more followers every year. Whether you are an experienced SUP rider or want to discover this activity, Algeria is the perfect place for you. More than 27 beaches are popular among SUP boarders. Who knows, you will become an enthusiastic fan of SUP after visiting these beaches.
- Kite or windsurfing. We know firsthand how difficult it is sometimes to find the right place for your favorite activity, especially if it is kite or windsurfing. So if you are a fan of these activities, then Algeria may be the right choice for you, as there are over 12 beaches popular among kiters and windsurfers. There will be a fair wind, we are sure!
- Sea kayaking is an excellent alternative to long walks along the coast. Instead of being bored on the beach, you can go for a leisurely journey and discover the beauty of the neighboring coves, inlets and wild beaches. Remember, the main gems are always accessible only from the water. Kayaking is an excellent active lifestyle solution for both professionals and beginners. About 15 beaches in Algeria can be interesting for kayakers, the most popular are: Shaty yn aldwlt, Plage Djenen El Bey wad bwqrat( La grande Plage ).
Do you love an active lifestyle but would prefer something other than water activities? Then on the beaches of Algeria you can actively spend time playing volleyball. Although this country does not have the privileged status of the volleyball capital of World, it may well compete for this title because there are about 21 beaches where you can play volleyball.
As for the main features of the beaches of Algeria, they are as follows:
- The country's beaches are mainly wide, moderate length and have a high level of cleanliness. The most common surface is sand of bright color.
- Usually, entry into the water is moderately gentle, such beaches are 113.
- The average distance from the road to beach in Algeria is less than 500 meters. 159 beaches are relatively easy to access, 4 beaches are difficult to access, which in most cases means that you have to walk a quite long distance, and 6 beaches are only accessible from the water. The latter include both island beaches and beaches with no land routes due to the natural borders.
The vast majority of Algeria beaches have the necessary amenities, such as sun loungers, umbrellas, beach cafes, showers and toilets.
For campers, important information is the availability of campsites in the country. There are such places near the 25 beaches of Algeria. 10 of them are a kind of wild camp, formed spontaneously by lovers of this type of recreation and did not have an infrastructure. 15 of them are official campsites, with all the necessary (showers, toilets, shops, cafes).
Please note that lifeguards supervise 24 beaches in the country, but you should rely on more than just them, remember the elementary rules, as lifeguards are not on duty around the clock, even on equipped beaches!
Finding a restaurant in Algeria is easy enough, many of them are located close to the beaches. Each is good in its way and has a certain charm. You can find out more about nearby food outlets on beach pages.
There are few offers for accommodation in the beach area, so finding a suitable place to stay can be a problem. You can use the map search to get more information about this.
And, probably, the most popular question among travelers: “What sights of Algeria can be found relatively close to the beaches?” It is impossible to list all of them, there are a lot of attractions. So you will find where to go!
Do you know how many beaches there are in Algeria? In total there are 169 beaches and the most popular is Plage Tasalast.